I don't know why, but I've realised that I love men's fashion. (Actually, I do know why - I've been reading too much FakeKarl and the Sartorialist. I'm an awesome god by the way, and you are démodé.) Unfortunately I don't know too much about it, so I've been researching (read: internet window shopping in the men's section of my favourite shops) and drawing.
Thank you Topman and ASOS models. (Did you know net-a-porter is only women? I didn't!)
The depressing thing is, most of men's fashion seems to be the same thing - tshirts, jeans, trainers, sweaters if we're lucky. Yes, it's a tshirt with a very cool picture on it, but IT'S STILL A TSHIRT! Look at women's fashion - Martin Margiela being my favourite example - and you see new shapes being created all the time. Maybe one could mix men's and women's fashion? Hmm.. more research needed.
I really really want to design and make some guys clothes now, but I don't have a brother that I can bully into wearing them. So I guess I'm just gonna have to wear them myself. Hopefully I'll be able to make them next weekend. Can't wait!
Other things I am currently obsessed with:
1. Movies - John Tucker Must Die, Stardust, oldies, EVERYTHING
2. Music videos - Lady Gaga, The Killers, EVERYONE
3. Loose tops
4. Green - everything except outside. Although I don't hate it anymore
5. Soft soft thin materials
6. 1000 Awesome Things
7. An amazing website that I found once and have never found since. It was all these pictures from Vogue shoots and was AMAZING
8. Metal. Love it. Wire = perfection.
9. Cutting stuff up. 'Nuff said.
Ps. I got a follower yesterday! I don't really know what a follower is, but whoever you are, thank you, you've made me very happy. :)